As schools, restaurants, and offices reopen, it can become increasingly difficult to follow CDC recommendations for staying safe. While social distancing and self-isolation are the best methods to keep you safe, it's not always possible. Here are 4 great products, plus a few tips, to help you adjust to the new normal.
1. Clear Window Face Masks
This is an excellent option for teachers, students, customer service workers, and anyone else trying to be a friendly face during these unprecedented times. While the look of these masks may take some getting used to, they're very helpful for the hearing impaired who rely on reading lips.
2. Face Shields
Face Shields for adults and kids are a great option for extra protection. It can be difficult to get a child to keep their mask on, especially if they wear glasses. They might find masks uncomfortable or restricting, but with a face shield they can maintain full coverage without sacrificing comfort or their field of view. The headband with foam padding is comfortable and stays put, so they wont need to keep readjusting. Plus, the anti-fog plastic makes them great for all day wear. These ones come in a variety of cute colors.
3. No Touch Door Opener
This Touchless Door Opener is a life saver as public spaces become more crowded. It features a stylus end that's compatible with most touch screens, so you can use it at check out at the grocery store, ATM keypads, and anywhere else you'd like to avoid touching.
4. Travel Kit
Many of us are trying to avoid traveling as much as possible especially on airplanes, but sometimes we just cant help it. This TSA friendly travel pack comes with a disposable mask, a tray cover, a seat cover, and disposable wipes. This handy travel kit is fully disposable, and small enough to fit in a purse, backpack, or duffle bag for easy access when you need it.
Tips and Tricks:
- To keep your glasses from fogging up while wearing a mask:
- use surgical tape or a band-aid to tape down the top of your mask. This not only secures your mask in place, it also seals off any air from escaping from the top, which causes the fogging.
- Another method to keep your glasses from fogging is to fold a tissue to 1 inch wide, and a trim or fold the length to match the top of your mask. Tape or place the tissue at the top of your mask to seal the gaps between the mask and your skin.
- Wear your mask farther up on your nose, and place your glasses over the mask, instead of under. This creates a tighter seal as well as positions your glasses out of the way of any air that may escape.
- Sew a button on your mask where you want your glasses to sit to keep them from slipping.
- Encourage kids to keep their masks and face shields on by letting them pick out their own masks.
- Have a mask for every day of the week, so you always have a clean one. Wash them in the washing machine in a delicates bag, or by hand, and let them air dry to make sure they last.
Click here to shop our entire selection of personal safety items.